Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Waiting, wishing, hoping...

Long long ago, on a planet far far away...I signed up on the waitlist to be on the Cayuse mailing list. The fact that there is a waitlist for their mailing list is rather humorous in itself. Normally I don't endorse this kind of hype as there are many great wines to be had in WA state that do not require long waits and generous helpings of patience. However, I had the privilege of trying a 2005 En Chamberlin Syrah a couple of years ago and was hooked. This was a bottle, when opened, that I could smell from 3 feet away...and oh what a wine! Earthy and complex, with aromas of black olive and infused with minerality from rocky soil it came from. This wine was not shy!

A few days ago I received an email from the folks at Cayuse - 'We haven't forgotten about you, and your perseverance will be rewarded one day'.

Patience, grasshopper. The wine will be mine one day...and I will write about it when that day comes.


0 comments: